Limited Obstetric Ultrasound at Amnion
Have you heard? Amnion now offers limited obstetric ultrasound services, performed by a trained nurse sonographer! As with all of our services, ultrasound at Amnion is completely free and confidential.
Why do I need an ultrasound?
Even if you have had a positive pregnancy test, you should still get an ultrasound. There are several reasons for this!
- Even the most accurate, laboratory grade pregnancy test can give a false positive result in some cases. The only way to be completely sure you are pregnant is to have an ultrasound done by a trained clinician.
- We can tell you if your pregnancy is viable (the baby’s heart is beating). With ultrasound, we can identify cardiac activity 6 weeks after your last menstrual period. This is important, especially if you are considering an abortion, since about 25% of early pregnancies end in miscarriage, eliminating the need for abortion.
- We can take measurements to estimate how far along you are. Whether you are planning to keep your baby, or considering abortion, you need to know how far along you are.
- We will verify that your pregnancy is intrauterine, meaning inside your womb. Sometimes, a pregnancy can start growing outside of the uterus. This is called an ectopic pregnancy, and it is a dangerous condition which requires immediate medical attention.
Why choose Amnion for my ultrasound?
- Limited ultrasound services at Amnion are completely free of charge. You don’t need insurance here, either. Other providers may charge anywhere from $60 to several hundred dollars for an ultrasound for uninsured clients, or you may have a substantial co-pay, even if you have insurance.
- We are here to help you. When you come to Amnion, expect compassionate, respectful care in a calm and peaceful environment. We will never pressure you to do anything you don’t want to do, because we don’t benefit financially from your decision either way.
- Once your ultrasound is completed, we can provide referrals for medical care, housing, social services, and public assistance; we can also offer counseling services, support, and material assistance to those who qualify. All of our services are always free and confidential.
If you would like to schedule an ultrasound at Amnion, please call us at 610-622-9957 to schedule an appointment!
*Please note that Amnion Pregnancy Center does not provide prenatal care. Limited sonography is not intended to substitute for prenatal care or comprehensive diagnostic sonography. We recommend that all pregnant clients get into prenatal care with a medical provider as soon as possible.